Wednesday, February 9, 2022

He Knows

Woke this morning to a message from a friend who has also been battling serious illness lately. She encouraged me with the fact that our Savior knows. HE KNOWS us in the circumstances of our material world, and HE KNOWS us at our most molecular level. Can we say that about anyone or anything else? Nope.


And isn’t that what our desperate world wants most—to be known! to be seen! All of us. Each one of us. It’s the great, gaping hole in every single human being. Know me! See me! Because when we are known and seen, we feel loved. LOVED.

These words of response (below) rolled out of my brain early this morning and I want to share them with you. With any of you who are hurting or need healing. Any of you who are bruised or battling. Any of you who are anxious or under attack. Any of you who are so tired or so done with trying.
So … Basically, ALL of us.

Our God knows!

YES, my friend …
He DOES know.

He knit us together.
He holds us.
He will heal us.
He’s got us.
He’s good to us.
He’s tender to us.
He’s with us.
He’s around us.
He’s over us.
He’s battling for us.
He’s breathing into us.
He’s working in us.
He’s working things out for us.
He’s G L O R I O U S!
And He will be V I C T O R I O U S!


“O Lord, you have searched me and you know me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.” ~ Psalm 139

*****************
a little later in the day my devotional, "new morning mercies," directed me to read psalm 73. and y'all do you want to know what i found there? 
the very question --- "how can God know?"
is that not crazy? that very question.

and in that psalm, He answers us so beautifully ...

"When I tried to understand all this, 
it was oppressive to me till I entered the
sanctuary of God; then I understood ...
When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, 
I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

YET I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I I heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire but you.
my flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

But as for me, it is good to be near God."

Psalm 73

God is so faithful.

No comments: